The Cannes Film Festival, or Festival de Cannes, is an annual film festival held in Cannes, France. It was previously known as the International Film Festival. It serves as the most prominent stage for the international premieres of new films of many genres, and documentaries. This yearly festival is an invitation-only event hosted in the month of May at the Palais des Festivals et des Congres.
What are the benefits to you?
The Cannes Film Festival is a multi-day celebration that includes a variety of events and film screenings. It is a series of major events held on specific days that attract famous film professionals from all over the world. The following is a schedule of events:
- Official Selection: This is the festival’s major event, during which twenty films compete for the Palme d’Or. The Lumière Theatre screens all of these films.
- Un Certain Regard: This area features 20 unique films from around the world that are screened at the Salle Debussy. In comparison to the commercial Official Selection, this portion of the event is significantly more fair.
- Out of Competition: These films are not in competition for the main prize, but they are shown to a large audience at the Lumière Theatre and the Cinéma de la Plage.
The Cannes Film Festival also hosts special screenings of some notable films in:
- Cinefondation: About 15 shot and medium-length movies from various International film schools are showcased at the Salle Bunuel.
- Short Film Palme d’Or: This section includes the showcase of around ten short films that compete the Salle Bunuel and Debussy Theatres.
What to do during the Cannes Film Festival
Don’t panic if you didn’t receive an official invitation. The Cannes festival also features a number of events planned for the general public and tourists.
Cinéma de la Plage: The Cannes Film Festival’s most important public event, Cinéma de la Plage, allows the general public to see the films. It has a large outdoor film screen where you can see films from the Out of Competition division as well as select Cannes Favorites. The movie will be shown on the beach at Plage Mace, where you can enjoy a nice picnic while watching the sunset.
They’ve also set up several tents for the public to purchase souvenirs from the film festival. On La Croisette, however, the official Cannes Film Festival gift shop is located just across from the Majestic Barriere Hotel.
This fascinating festival in a charming French town is all about films and celebrity sightings. It is one of the world’s largest film festivals, attracting film celebrities from all over the world. The Cannes Film Festival is a celebration of films and the picturesque town of Cannes, France, which draws visitors from all over the world.